How To Measure Moisture Content Of Activated Bleaching Earth
Moisture Content or Water Content is the amount of water in the activated bleaching earth. Too much water in fullers earth will cause the fuller’s earth ability to absorb color reduced badly and the activated bleaching earth will be clot. Maximum moisture content in good quality of fullers earth is 12%.
This is how to measure moisture content in fuller’s earth:
1. Weigh activated bleaching earth powder as much as 10 grams.
2. Put fullers earth in the oven and heat it for 15 minutes at a temperature of 250 degrees of Centigrade.
3. Then turn off the oven and wait for 30 minutes to make the fuller’s earth become cold.
4. Weigh the activated bleaching earth now. For example, its weight 9 grams.
5. Moisture Content or Water Content in the fullers earth is 10 grams – 9 grams = 1 gram; in percentage is: 1 / 10 x 100% = 10%.